Supplier Guiding Principles
The Kraft Heinz Company
In order to continue to be one of the world’s premier food companies, Kraft Heinz has developed a set of Global Principles which convey Kraft Heinz’s values and commitments to its employees and to the public. In addition to the Global Principles, and as part of Kraft Heinz’s efforts to foster relationships with suppliers who share similar values, Kraft Heinz is requiring compliance to its Supplier Guiding Principles by suppliers with whom Kraft Heinz has a contractual relationship. The Supplier Guiding Principles restate Kraft Heinz requirements and emphasize good workplace policies that comply with local labor laws, as well as applicable environmental laws.
These Supplier Guiding Principles apply to all suppliers with whom Kraft Heinz, its affiliates and business units worldwide have a contractual relationship, including contractors, suppliers of products and services, co-packers, and joint venture partners.
Supplier Guiding Principles:
- Legal Requirements: Suppliers will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in providing products and services to Kraft Heinz.
Environmental Practices: Kraft Heinz suppliers will be expected to meet applicable environmental laws and regulations in their operations and to develop and implement plans and programs to correct any non-compliant practices.
Communications: Kraft Heinz expects its suppliers to take appropriate steps to communicate these Supplier Guiding Principles to their employees.
Monitoring and Compliance: These Supplier Guiding Principles will be incorporated into all new or renewed commercial agreements between suppliers and Kraft Heinz, its affiliates and business units. Suppliers will be expected to certify their compliance with these Supplier Guiding Principles at Kraft Heinz’s request, and to authorize Kraft Heinz and its designated agents (including any third parties) to engage in monitoring activities, including on-site inspections based upon reasonable notice.
- Minimum Age for Employment - Suppliers will not employ anyone under the legal working age as defined by local law.
- Forced Labor - Suppliers will not use forced or involuntary prison labor.
- Abuse and Harassment - Suppliers will not use corporal punishment or other forms of physical or sexual harassment or abuse of their employees.
- Discrimination - Suppliers will not discriminate on the basis of any condition or characteristic which is protected by applicable law or regulation.
- Freedom of Association - Suppliers will recognize and respect each employee’s right to associate with any legally sanctioned organization. The rights of labor unions must be respected.
- Work Hours, Work Week and Payment of Wages - Suppliers will comply with all applicable local laws.
- Health and Safety - Suppliers will provide employees with working conditions that are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding worker health and safety.
When Kraft Heinz becomes aware of any actions or conditions not in compliance with these Supplier Guiding Principles, such actions or conditions will be reviewed, and appropriate corrective measures will be implemented.